Back on a crazy evening!
Message from John Glais: “Crazy your lamps, we want to try with Clement Huot!”
– “With pleasure guys!”
Meet at a spot on the Côtes d’Armor at dusk.
I hit the road …
Telephone call from john Le glais
– “Well the wind is not crazy, because there are 40 knots in the night planned …
– “Ok but it might be strong for a first try?”
– “Yeah it’s going to be great, we’re going to do Mega-jumps !!!!!”
Laugh !!! … I recognize my John John there (his personal record is 22m)
In the meantime, there is swell offshore, I tell myself that I would do a little session at Cap Fréhel while waiting.
I send a message to Frédéric Habasque to offer him a short night bodyboard session.
– “Hi Seb, Yes why not, I’m still at work but 2m like in Mundaka, it doesn’t make me dream …”
– “Do not worry, the goal is to have fun, not to get fucked, especially for a first … You do not know a fallback spot?
– “If I have that!”
Meet at a parking lot in front of the spot, the weather conditions are perfect, waves, light wind off, full moon … and the spot is deserted.
Fred changes, a little brief and off we go …
1 hour alone on the spot to put small barrels, the conditions are perfect, 1m tubular, the magic setting …
Fred comes out of the water with the banana and lots of questions raised.
His feedback is positive, these little moments are really good, after months of technical headaches and sometimes doubt …
Small technical debriefing, a beer of friendship and I leave to join the 2 exotic birds.
I park in front of John’s house, Clement welcomes me, he’s already in a suit!
Excitement and a big smile, I feel like Santa Claus!
Small presentation of the product and go, we do not waste time.
Arrived on the spot, the wings swell and go!
The setting is just magical at night with this full moon. the wind is strong and constant from OSO with a small swell which returns to the spot. guys don’t need to get used to it. No sooner arrived, they put big jumps and downloop receptions, then little side-off surfs …
Clement returns to me, I say to myself “Ha thin, little technical problem” …
– “The cow, it’s amazing Seb, we can see too well !!!!! Thank you Séb”
Small moment of inner well-being …
But the guys weren’t there to make pictures …
No, No, the guys, they were there to ride and enjoy, They completely drain the batteries !!!
2 hours of non stop riding with a wind which forced 30 knots at the end …
0:30 am, return to the parking lot, smiles on the faces and good memories …
The guys have jumped over 11m … the images are crazy and unique … it will speak in the Landerneau of kiting !!!
Everyone separates in order to optimize their sleep time facing the day of work the next day.
I take the road back, soothed by the fact of having provided moments of unique and magical pleasures to 3 friends …
Arrived at 3:30 am at home, I fall asleep like a baby ….
Each country has these navigation rules, the Black Swan lamp respects the material regulations.
FFVL regulatory framework:
From 300 m from a shelter, they must permanently carry the basic armament and security equipment thus constituted:
– a buoyancy aid with a minimum capacity of 50 N or a wet neoprene or dry suit ensuring at least protection of the torso and abdomen, positive buoyancy and thermal protection;
– a means of individual light identification. It must be waterproof and have an autonomy of at least 6 hours. It can be of the flash lamp, flashlight or cyalume type.
Therefore, up to 300m from shore no weaponry and security equipment is required.
Finally, note that it is highly recommended to have a line cutter or knife worn individually.